I did not mean to go silent on this blog again. The last few weeks have just been overwhelming and I have been so very tired. Our Make-A-Wish trip was wonderful and I will share photos and details in a post a little later, but a few days after we returned home we discovered the kids had lice.
This began a three week span of washing and combing and washing and combing and washing, the combing happened at home, but much of the washing happened at a laundromat. About 1 week before we left on Daniel's Make-A-Wish trip our washer flooded the main level of our home as it did not stop filling. Thankfully, I was in the kitchen when it happened, so the mess that ensued was as minimal as it could have been. But it was still a mess. We did not have the money to buy a new washer and dryer before our trip, so when we came home and discovered lice we were without a way to wash all of the towels, clothes, bedding, etc. So I filled the back of my van with everything and spent many hours at the laundromat. In the meantime we had fixed our washer so that it could wash small loads. So once I had the bulk of the laundry washed I was once again able to keep up at home with washing sheets and pillowcases each day.
That lasted about a week and then the washer flooded the main level again. And the day before this, we found that two of the kids who had shown no signs of lice, now had the pesky bugs too. So began the process of washing and combing and washing and combing and washing and combing and washing and combing and washing and combing and washing and combing and washing and combing again. Yes, I wrote that 7 times on purpose as I had seven people to wash and comb. And so on round two we treated everyone. Multiple times. All I sincerely did for 3 weeks was wash clothes and comb hair.
And Brent tried to finish his last seminary class. Poor guy. It was a rough way to finish. But finish he did and we just found out he passed! Barely, but passing was all we cared at this point!! Now he just needs to complete his internship (which is underway) and Lord willing he really will graduate from Dallas Seminary in May.
Anyway, lice and floods were what has kept me silent these past weeks. It has been so exhausting. But hopefully we are on the other side of it all. And my mom and dad bought us a washer and dryer for Christmas, so no more trips to the laundromat either!! I am so thankful for that.
No comments:
Post a Comment