Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!


Hey Y'all! Happy Fourth of July!:)

There are so many things that I have been wanting to sit down and write about...but that chunk of time just has yet to come my way! We have and are coming up on a lot of year anniversaries, so hopefully I will be able to write about some of these events soon. For now, I will just share some recent photos of what our summer has looked like!:) The boys have been loving swimming (lessons and play) and the girls have as well...not much else that we would rather do when it is 95-100 every day!:) Although, Drew and Sam do spend a lot of time playing baseball with other kids from the building...I am hoping to get a photo of this later today!







I am sure today that there will be many more opportunities for photos like these! What a blessing it is to have this pool right here in our "backyard"! It makes living in our cozy 2 bedroom apartment a little easier!:)

Last night we went to a Fireworks display in "Kaboom Town". It was really neat. During the airshow I was overwhelmed Watching the bombers and such from WWII flying overhead, thinking of the sky being filled with these and men parachuting out, many perishing before they ever hit the ground. It is an incredible price so many people have paid with their lives to protect our freedom. I have so much to learn about this and feel badly that for so much of my life I took it all for granted. As you celebrate today I want to encourage you to pray for our nation, our leaders, our military, their families, and thank God for the freedom we have! Happy 4th Of July!!:)

3 comments:

monica said...

Hi Jackson 6!! I do so enjoy seeing you all on the blog. Just know I love you all very much! And you're right Jaci-it is overwhelming for me to think that so many have served and died for our country and we should take time to reflect and thank those people and God for our country. Happy 4th of July!! Love, Grandma

Kristi said...

FUN pictures!! We really miss you guys and miss playing with you in the pool and sprinkler these warm summer months! Glad that you guys are having FUN!!!

And...AMEN for our freedom. It is truly a blessing...one that is easy to take for granted!!

Hope that you guys are having a great weekend!!

Lori said...

I love all of the pictures...I can see that in all of the heat there, a pool must be a "must"! :-) Your kids are all going to be expert swimmers!

Happy 4th of July!