First some dialog with Drew...
Me: "Do you guys want to swim for awhile this afternoon?"
Drew: "Mom it is WAY to cold outside today!"
Me: "It's 89 Drew."
Drew: "Yeah, well it felt cold to me."
I thought you friends in ND and SD might get a "kick" out of this comment!
And a journaling of something that has never happened to me before...
About 10 days ago Lizzy was declared officially "potty-trained"! Yeah! She has done SO well. In fact, she only had 6 accidents total I think. But today she was SO interested in the music that was coming from the computer, that she didn't want to take time for a potty break. She LOVES the song "O Praise Him" (the one you are hearing if your sound is on your computer). You can guess what's coming next, BUT I bet if given an opportunity you wouldn't guess just WHAT happened. Lizzy had an accident...a wonderfully BIG pee pee accident right on top of my wallet (which happened to be on the floor by the computer). Everything totally drenched!!! At first Brent and I looked on in disbelief at what was happening...then All we could do was laugh...it was really unbelieveable how perfectly targeted it was. And yes credits cards, Drivers License, my $3.00 cash, my checkbook, my cards, photos, passes...everything "got wet"...Ahhh...what do you do? As I said we chose to laugh. I knew WHY it happened...and I felt bad for her. Her brothers thought it was hysterical and asked if she was "the first" one of my kids to pee on my wallet. I said "Yes, boys, she was." And I hope the last.:-) Well, my wallet IS 10 years old...maybe now I will actually replace it.
You just never know what a day or a moment might bring when you are a mom...I am SO glad that I am home with my kids...I don't miss very many of them!!
3 comments:
Oh, Drew...89 is COLD? Really? You haven't been gone THAT long, buddy!!! :-)
My kids are so ready to go swimming but we have yet to even reach 70 yet! In fact, when it was 68 the other day they (well, mainly Caleb) were asking to take out the sprinkler! :-)
And, CONGRATS on Lizzy being potty-trained! What a big girl! :-) Sorry about your wallet though. That truly was quite the accident, I take it!!
Thanks for sharing...I love hearing these details of your lives there!
We miss you!
Hi Jackson's! Grandpa and I enjoyed both stories-cold is relative isn't it?! I can see why Lizzy likes the song-I probably would have been distracted too. And Jaci-I could think of a better plan to get a new billfold-ha! Never a dull moment at the Jackson's-wish we could share more moments with you!! Hugs and kisses to the boys and girls!! Love, Grandma and Grandpa
Eeeewwwwwwww...you poor thing! But it sure does have blogworthiness written all over it! :)
Post a Comment