Saturday, March 23, 2013

Rockin Kids

This morning we got up bright and early for the Kids Rock race in Dallas.  The girls were ready to go with their T-shirts and flower head bands...


 Sam was ready with his T-shirt and Dig Deep & Camouflage Head bands...He would have to dig deep later and with a 30 second delay start, he came back to catch the lead 4th grader and crossed the finish line in 1st place!  :)

Drew opted out of the head bands...but was sporting the orange T-shirt and the orange shoe laces...too bad I did not get a picture of that!!
 And here we all are as we headed out the door...

 Giving kisses to Daniel of course!  He stayed home with daddy, as it turned out to be a rainy, cold Saturday morning.

And here are the girls after their races.  I ran with both of them.  So I ran the kindergarten race and the 1st grade race.  :)  But I did not get a cool medal like they did...

All four of the kids with their Rockin' medals.  Drew, Sam, Lizzy and Abby all had to run hard to catch the lead runners as all of them started way back in the pack of kiddos.  Drew had the most ground to make up, as he started 2nd row from the back.  Even so he finished 7th or 8th.  He would have been 1st or 2nd if he started at the front.  They all did a SUPER, FABULOUS job and I am so proud of them...
And lookie  there, I did get a picture of the orange shoelaces after all.  :)

We had lunch at Pei Wei to celebrate.  Definitely an all around favorite...

I am proud of each of you, because I KNOW you all ran your best today!!  Way to go kiddos!!  :)

1 comment:

monica said...

Fun family event for your big kids! Looks like ya'll had lots of fun!