His response so quick and so genuine warmed my heart more than I can say. It also showed me just how close Drew carries Daniel to his heart. It showed me how much Daniel being so gravely ill is ever present on his mind. For this, my heart is sad, but also grateful. It is bittersweet. Bitter because this disease is so horrific and tragically sad. And sweet because I love how my kids love each other. I love how they are cheering for Daniel. I love that one of Drew's favorite memories was a HUGE praise for us all and a small reprise from all that has been.
Tuesday, January 1, 2013
Favorite Memory
Last night at dinner, I asked each of our kids what one of their favorite memories/things about 2012 was. Drew answered first, without hesitation and said, "My favorite thing about 2012 was that Daniel was not in the hospital very much and that he did not have one blue spell." When he said this, it was the first time I realized the truth of this awesome fact! PRAISE THE LORD!! May it be the same in 2013!
His response so quick and so genuine warmed my heart more than I can say. It also showed me just how close Drew carries Daniel to his heart. It showed me how much Daniel being so gravely ill is ever present on his mind. For this, my heart is sad, but also grateful. It is bittersweet. Bitter because this disease is so horrific and tragically sad. And sweet because I love how my kids love each other. I love how they are cheering for Daniel. I love that one of Drew's favorite memories was a HUGE praise for us all and a small reprise from all that has been.
As I laid Daniel down last night, I knelt next to his bed and cried. Thanking God for the reminder of how he has cared for us this past year, thanking Him for his faithfulness, thanking Him for the gift my children are and once again pleading with Him to heal my son.
His response so quick and so genuine warmed my heart more than I can say. It also showed me just how close Drew carries Daniel to his heart. It showed me how much Daniel being so gravely ill is ever present on his mind. For this, my heart is sad, but also grateful. It is bittersweet. Bitter because this disease is so horrific and tragically sad. And sweet because I love how my kids love each other. I love how they are cheering for Daniel. I love that one of Drew's favorite memories was a HUGE praise for us all and a small reprise from all that has been.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Drew's comment was a reminder to us also of how faithful God has been in Daniel's life in 2012 and also in our 2012. Love, Grandpa and Grandma Z
Post a Comment